Friday, June 24, 2022

Hey, what's wrong?

 Hey, what's wrong?

Well, something is up

There's not a moment of rest anymore

There's hardly a moment of being together

without something to solve or a test anymore


Hey, what's wrong?

Do you feel it too?

I know you do, maybe you think it's all me

But I'm in the same boat as you, rowing too

We're both rowing together in the relentless sea


Hey, what's wrong?

Are you feeling heard at all?

I'm trying, I'm here, I'm really trying to hear

I see your lips move, and I hear the sound too

But not sure I'm hearing all there is to hear


Hey, listen to me

We're together, all alone

There's fog, there's waves, and twists and turns

Could you sit for a bit near me and quit

rowing, start flowing, and hold me tight on the turns


Hey, I know

There's more I could do

So more I shall do, trust me will you?

It's not me, it's not you, it's us against the problem

Take a bit of rest, before it's cock-a-doodle-do!

No comments:

Post a Comment